After UPI and net banking, a message comes on the smartphone. Do not delete it in haste.
Nowadays most people use internet banking and UPI to send money. The central government is also promoting Digital India. Emphasis is on UPI and Net Banking. But what happens if the money goes to someone else’s account by mistake? RBI has recently issued a guideline in this regard. It says that if the money is transferred to another account by mistake, the money can be refunded within 48 hours.
After UPI and net banking, a message comes on the smartphone. Do not delete it in haste. This message contains PPBL number. This number is required to get refund.
What the Reserve Bank of India guidelines say: As per the new guidelines issued by the RBI, it is the responsibility of the bank to refund the user’s money within 48 hours. If the banks do not help in getting the refund, customers can complain at bankingombudsman.rbi.org.in. If the money is transferred to another account by mistake, then a letter should be sent to the bank. In that letter the customer’s account number, name of the account holder, the account to which the money has gone should be written.
How to get refund from bank:
1. If the money is transferred to another account by mistake, you should call the bank first. All information must be provided. I want PPBL number with it.
2. Then go to the bank. Complaints should be registered there.
3. The letter should be written to the bank manager.
4. This letter should also mention the account number to which the money has been transferred and the account number to which the customer wants to send the money.
5. Include transaction reference number, transaction date, amount and IFSC code.
Things to watch out for while doing UPI, Netbanking: Things to watch out for while doing UPI and Netbanking. Especially while doing UPI, the customer needs to ensure that the name and account number of the person sending the money is correct. While doing UPI through QR code the shopkeeper should ask his name. Ensure that the account number of the person to whom the money is being sent is correct. These two things are important. It is better not to rush while doing net banking. And most importantly, the message received after doing UPI and netbanking should not be deleted. It should be left.